Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A BAD CASE OF WANDERLUST

I love traveling. In an ideal world I would be able to spend a year just exploring. There are so many places I want to see and things that I want to do abroad. 

A Bad Case of Wanderlust travel

My freshman year the first project we had in my production class was making a TV poster with an idea of what your show would be about. I decided mine would be an ABC Family show about friends that went on a summer road trip before college that turned into so much more than they ever expected.


A Bad Case of Wanderlust travel tv

As someone who has a passion for television and telling stories, this was the perfect project for me. I won't go into specifics about the show--who knows, maybe one day I could be in a position to pitch this idea. It could happen!

Sometimes I wish it was more common to take a gap year between high school and college. One of my good friends visited Australia last winter break, and she said that a ton of people did that there. I think it would be such an amazing opportunity to learn more about the world. Perhaps, you might even learn something about yourself along the way. 

Now, the idea of traveling for an extended period of time in my life seems impossible, other than through study abroad, because right after college I'll have to find a job and start paying off student loans. But if you did it before college, you wouldn't have to worry about paying anything off. 

That list that I am holding in the top left corner is an actual list that I have been working on for years of all of the places that I want to visit in the world. I started it a couple of years ago with the hopes that one day I would find the time/resources to be able to visit these places. Since then, I have already been able to cross a couple of places off the list.

But it's not enough! Next spring I intend to study abroad in Europe, which may be just the cure I need for my wanderlust. I know it will never truly go away, but a girl needs to try to ease it, doesn't she?



Where do you want to travel?

Related: Why Spring Break in DC is Better than in PCB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...