Sunday, September 21, 2014

SNAPSHOT SUNDAY


This week I am participating in a link-up, "Snapshot Sunday", hosted by Jessica from Seeking Individuality.  I wanted to share some updates, and I thought I would show a few of the most interesting moments in the past week. 

//ONE//
Last weekend I endured the 5-and-half-hour bus trip home for a special occasion. A friend of mine got married. I have to say I didn't expect to attend a wedding for a friend this early, but it was such a beautiful ceremony. I am really glad that I was invited to be there. This sign was just one of the cute decorations that made their wedding that made me feel like I walked into a Pinterest photo. It was definitely an evening to remember. 

//TWO//
This Saturday we had our second home football game. The Badger games are definitely one of my favorite parts about fall at UW. They call it "The Sea of Red" as the crowds are gathered tailgating before the game all around you. Badgers of all ages are awaiting the "Let's Go Red!" cheers and the various forms of the wave to circulate the stadium. The school pride is contagious. As we crushed the enemies (Final Score--Wisconsin, Badgers:68 // Bowling Green, Falcons:17), the student section erupted in cheer and high-fives with every touch down. Something about the classic "Jump Around" being in the rain made it even more exhilarating.

//THREE//
My mom claims she couldn't get a good picture of her, because she wouldn't smile right. But I think this picture of my little sister on her first day of preschool is the cutest thing I have seen in weeks. Maybe I am biased, but silly face or not, I think it's adorable. Going back last weekend made me miss her even more, because I got to see how much she had already changed in a few weeks. At four-years-old she is constantly changing, and I am sad to be missing so much of it. But it makes our time together even more special when we get it.
//FOUR//
Salted Caramel {Deliciousness} Latte. Yum. This morning I woke up with a sweet tooth, and a need for a caffeinated beverage. One of my roommates had told me about a cute coffee shop just down the street from us. It's called "Indie Coffee", and I am in love. Have you ever pictured a "Hipster Coffee Shop"? (Or is that something only I have done?) Well, you probably conjured up an image similar to this place. It was the perfect atmosphere (and coffee) to start my day. 

//OTHER LIFE UPDATES//
I will admit that I was feeling a little discouraged after facing rejection a few times this summer, but I realized this week that the reason I didn't get them was because there was more waiting for me. I applied for a job over the summer that involved doing some office work, because it sounded more appealing than doing food service. Unfortunately, school started  and I had to return to serving food, doing dishes, and cashiering. I was less than thrilled. So when I came across a position for a local TV station, I thought This is it. This is what I need to start building a resume for working in the TV/Film industry. But when I started filling out the application I was intimidated, and almost didn't turn it in. Boy am I glad that I went for it anyway, because I am officially an employee at said TV station! 

You might have seen that I was also accepted to write for the Wisconsin chapter of Her Campus last week. And as of Friday, I was also accepted into the Her Campus Blogger Network. It was such an exciting week. I am so thankful--being patient is difficult sometimes, but my mom always told me the familiar phrase, "You make plans and God laughs." I was concerned with why things didn't seem to be going my way for a while, but know I know that it was because He had more in store for me.

How was your week? What are you thankful for right now? 


Seeking Individuality

10 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and had to start following! I love the name of your blog and salted caramel mochas are one my favourite thing about fall! Congrats on the new job(s) sounds like they are perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! That is so exciting :) And BTW, I keep forgetting to mention, but I love your new design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! New jobs are so fantastic! I am waiting on a call right now to see if I got an internship :) I hope I will be celebrating with ya, we will see I guess! Anyways, I'm so glad I found your blog tonight! I was just scrolling through a blog and saw your button. I followed on blog lovin' to keep up with your posts and would love if you came and followed along as well! :) I love meeting other bloggers!


    www.bellevieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following along! :) I just had a salted caramel mocha again today--I am obsessed. Thank you so much! I am very excited about starting all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I am studying film, TV and strategic communications! And thank you I have been working on the design a lot lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah thank you! I hope you got the internship! :) Thanks for following along! I will definitely check out your blog as well :) I love meeting new bloggers, too! It's such a great way to meet like-minded people, and find new perspectives. It is amazing to be able to connect with people who could be across the country or even across the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that wedding sign, it is too cute! Definitely something straight off of Pinterest. That "Indie Coffee" shop sounds exactly like my kind of place. Isn't discovering new coffee shops the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For sure! The whole wedding was so cute. And I love the Indie Coffee shop. Discovering new coffee shops is totally the best. In fact, finding a new coffee shop that I enjoyed (other than Starbucks and Caribou) has been on my bucket list for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up with me!! Oh my gosh that sign is so cute, it totally looks like something I've pinned on my wedding board! And I know what you mean about that "hipster coffee shop" image, I have one down the street from my dorm and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I did! It's a fun link up :) I know the whole wedding felt straight off a Pinterest board-it was amazing. The "hipster coffee shops" are so much fun! It's just so much more fun than going to Starbucks are some other commonly known coffee places!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...