Monday, September 23, 2013

I've Been In Love With Love

I woke up with the lyrics to the Mowgli's hit "San Francisco" stuck in my head yesterday morning.




I’ve been in love with love
And the idea of something, binding us togetherYou know that love is strong enough,I’ve seen time tell tales about that systematic drug,Yeah that heart that beats as oneIt’s collectivelyUnconsciously composed


And at first, I couldn't remember why. Then it hit me. I had been talking about the night that I confirmed my acceptance to Madison. It seems like it was a million years ago, now, but that song brings me back to that night in an instant. I can picture the dim lighting in my room. I can nearly feel the way I trembled with a mix of emotions. And I can look back on the post that I wrote the next day and confirm that I have what it takes to be a badger. 

These last few weeks have been some of the best of my life. I have met some of the most friendly and genuine people. My classes are both challenging and fascinating. And I know that I am right where I am supposed to be. I am in love with my college. 

I have so many stories to share and life decisions to contemplate but, for now, I will leave you with this:  always go with your heart. If you don't, you'll always wonder what if. And if you do, no matter what happens, you will find what you are looking for. 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, I also feel like I chose the right place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...