Sunday, December 4, 2011

An Unnatural Disaster

With a little luck and a garbage bag, you might be able to sort through the mess that is currently the Shiff’s counter. Fortunately, I can assure you we do not normally live like this. My dad’s girlfriend wouldn’t allow it. Our house is usually clean in ways that most people didn’t even know possible because we are expected to have it clean at all times. I was asked to clean my room for the first time since probably fifth grade when I didn’t put away some of clothes one time. Yeah, so you can imagine my surprise when I discovered our counter this morning. But it also tells me something: there was a series of odd events that led up to this unnatural disaster.
I don’t know about you, but my eye automatically goes to the red, open bag of skittles somehow sitting comfortably in the middle. Last night my family went to see the movie that received 4% on Rotten Tomatoes, Jack and Jill, with Adam Sandler x2. So I can imagine this is where the skittles came from, but who left them here? Well, seeing as my dad’s girlfriend is the cleanest of us, it’s not likely that it was her. And two nine-year-olds probably would have gotten a lot farther with them before they got caught. Thus, my dad is most likely the culprit. But finders keepers, losers weepers right? What a fortunate discovery.
And what about those tickets? What are they for? Well my guess is that these tickets aren’t sitting there by accident, seeing as they are getting used tonight. Since my dad’s girlfriend’s purse is sitting near them, she probably left them so that we don’t forget them for Jingle Ball tonight. And my keys aren’t much of discovery.  But I’m slightly curious as to why there is a book… I mean it’s sitting next to the coffee pot. And well, maybe I’m the only one who does this, but sometimes stuff spills. It seems like a careless place to leave such a fragile item. If I had to take a guess, Madelyn left it there. She is my dad’s girl friend’s daughter and a more than careless nine-year-old. She probably left it with no thought at all, as she wandered off to comb her American girl doll’s hair.
Most people might not see my counter as a regular gold mine. But considering everything there holds some kind of value to our family, I’d say these are pretty fortunate discoveries. Even if these items were left there by mere chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...