Tuesday, June 30, 2015

JULY GOALS

Where is the summer going? I can't decide if I feel like I have done a lot or nothing at all. There is still so much that I want to do. At the beginning of summer it feels like you have time to do everything. But before you know it is winding down and people start using words like syllabus and welcome week again. Ew. 



So this month, I have decided to make some concrete goals, and maybe if I share them I will be more likely to accomplish them. Who knows? It's worth a try. 

//ONE// Blog 2-3 times a week. I haven't been great at this lately. During the school year it was nearly impossible to find the time to sit down and actually blog. Most of my posts were re-posts from my Her Campus articles, and I felt awful about it. I wanted to create more posts just for the blog, but I definitely over-committed myself last semester. 

//TWO// Actually open the case to my guitar. I have wanted to learn the guitar for ten years now, and I have yet to put in the effort to actually learn, even though I have a guitar. So my goal for this month is to actually take it out of the case and put some work into learning how to play it. 



//THREE// Learn more about HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I love coding websites. As nerdy as it sounds, it's true. I probably won't try to learn anything more complicated than JavaScript. I know some HTML/CSS, but I keep telling myself I am going to learn Java. There's no time like the present, right?

//FOUR// Read for 30 minutes a day. This is something I have wanted to do forever. I read a lot--but mostly from a screen. My goal is to finally make it through some of my books. I just got Aziz Ansari's book, Modern Romance, and it is already helping with this goal. It's so good. 



//FIVE// Keep my curls at least 3 days of the week. Taming my curls is nearly impossible. I find it hard to wear my hair naturally usually, because I just can't get the curls I want. Especially with the humidity, my hair gets large and frizzy, and sometimes I can't help but straighten it. 



//SIX// Exercise 3-4 times a week. Admittedly, I haven't been working out as much as I want to this summer. I was so good about it at the end of the school year, but I definitely need to get back into making it a part of my routine. 

//SEVEN// Try something new every week. I think summer is the perfect time to try out new things. One of the things I really want to try out it kayaking. Hopefully I can make that happen this month. 

//EIGHT// Take more pictures. As I have been trying to find more images for the blog, I realized that I haven't been taking that many pictures lately. I plan to take my camera with me more often so that I will force myself to take more pictures. 



//NINE// Eat more veggies. I love fruit. I could eat berries all day long, because they taste like candy. The thing is they are like nature's candy, because they are sugary. So I have been trying to be conscious about incorporate more veggies into my diet, too. Any suggestions about how you do this? 



//TEN// Comment on other blogs more often. One of the ways that I love to get inspiration is by reading other blogs. There is so much to learn from other bloggers, but I want to focus on commenting more. I know how much it means to me to receive comments, and I want to return the favor!



What are your goals for July?

4 comments:

  1. These are all really great goals!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you checked out Blog Me Lovely? I really love the blog because it offers lots of coding help! I really enjoyed reading your goals :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't! I definitely will now. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...