Wednesday, May 25, 2016

SUMMER GOALS 2016

Summer has begun. This is my last summer as a college student! While I'll still be busy working two jobs, this is my last summer break. So, I have plenty of ideas about what I want to do to make this the best summer yet.

1. The Summer of Healthy. 
My biggest goal for this summer to is to be healthy. In college, it can be difficult to stay healthy. You're busy, you're going out with friends, and your number one priority is often doing well in school. That means that sometimes you put your health on the back burner. I don't want that this summer. I want to focus on putting healthy foods in my body. I want to exercise more. And I want more sleep!


2. Learn new skills. 
I've had a book about learning Java Script on my bookshelf for two years. TWO YEARS. This summer I am going to learn Java Script already.

3. See more good live music outdoors. 
For the past few years I have gone to Basilica Block Party with my best friends back home. It is two nights of live music on three stages in Minneapolis hosted by Cities97, and it is one of my favorite events each summer. This year the lineup for the night I want to go includes, Death Cab for Cutie, American Authors, X Ambassadors, Matt Hires and more. I need to get to this concert.

4. Spend as much time as possible on the Terrace. 
The Memorial Union Terrace at UW-Madison is my favorite part of campus. Although, there is still a little construction going on there, everyone is thrilled that it is back open for the summer. And it is looking better than ever. I can't wait to have some more great summer nights hanging out in our terrace chairs.



5. Get outside. 
Living in between three lakes makes getting outside easy. Being near those lakes never gets old. There are so many beautiful spots in Madison and I want to spend more time exploring new places around here.

A photo posted by Taylor Shiff (@tay_shiff) on

6. Make time for friends. 
This is the last summer that all of the amazing friends I have made these last four years will be together. Some of my friends are studying abroad in the fall and some of us are graduating in December. It's hard to believe that this is the last time we will all truly be together before people start moving away and getting full time jobs.

Last summer in Madison was great, but I know that this one will be even better. I have a feeling it's about to be a summer I'll never forget.



What are your summer goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...