Friday, November 7, 2014

WHAT TO WATCH: NEW IN MUSIC

 What to Watch: New in Music

Confession: I am a music junkie. I would listen to music while I slept if I could. Since I am pumped about getting to see Ingrid Michaelson tonight, I decided to share some of the great music I have discovered lately. These past few weeks have been golden with all of the great new music I have discovered. If you check out my updated about page, you will find Mat Kearney is one of my all time favorite artists. He hasn't put out anything in a while, but he is back with "Heartbeat." The music video was shot using a drone with one take. It's fantastic. Check it out below.



You might be over Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off", but you have to hear Walk Off the Earth's rendition of it. And if you don't watch the whole thing, make sure you watch at least until around 2:50. Besides being a fun cover, there is a little surprise that made me laugh. If you like that, check out their YouTube page.



And the wonderfully weird video of "Shut Up and Dance" from my favorite band Walk the Moon (*Note not the same group as above, which is Walk Off the Earth). The video uses animation, bright colors, and stylized lighting, alongside some great dancing. There's even an allusion to the classic "Say Anything" with John Cusack. It's such a fun song, if anything it will make you want to get up and dance with them.



Finally, since I am going to see this lovely lady tonight, check out "Afterlife" by Ingrid Michaelson. It is all about overcoming fears, and I love it!




What are your favorite videos lately? Do you have any new music recommendations?
P.S. If you haven't already, check out my updated about page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...