Tuesday, December 31, 2013

And A Happy New Year

  Dear readers,

Recently, I took a peak at some of my old blog posts. It was interesting to go back. In a way it is like a public personal account of the last couple years. I learned a few things from it:

1.     My taste in music has not changed much
2.     My writing and views have evolved over the course of the blog
3.     I am undoubtedly a writer and always have been

It seems that I really have been battling with this for a while. My name is Taylor, and I am a writer. It’s real now, because I wrote it. The truth is I really can’t remember a time when I didn’t like writing. It has always been a part of me. I still engaged in normal childish activities, but even when I was in elementary school I wrote. I wrote stories. I wrote the scripts to talk shows. I wrote about talking dogs and holographic people who lived in the Internet (this was back in 2002—think about what the Internet looked like then to a 7-year-old).

But the best thing I found looking back at my posts was how much I mentioned good times with friends and family or how lucky I was to have them. I will admit I got pretty sentimental. My friends and family have supported and encouraged my writing. They have given me inspiration and the confidence to continue. Thank you to anyone who has influenced my writing, to anyone who has read my blog/writing, and to anyone who has let me know that what I wrote had an effect on them.

It means more to me than you could ever know. I am thankful for my family, for the friends who I have had from high school or before, and for the new friends that I have already grown so close to. You guys mean the world to me. And even if I don’t personally know you or know you well, it means so much that you have taken the time to read what I have to say.

I might not have held up all my New Year’s resolutions for 2013, but it was one of the best years of my life. I hope it was a great one for you, too. Let’s go make 2014 even better.

Have a Happy New Year!
From the Life in the Lost Found Bin

A Year to Remember





















Shout out to the best roommate a girl could ask for!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...