Thursday, October 25, 2012

Red

I have to admit that I had started getting sick of Taylor Swift. Her music was old, repeated and, frankly, annoying. How many times can we hear about your break-ups and relationships? But Red took things to a new level. She went from a whiny teenager to a strong, spunky 22-year-old.

My favorite lines in "State of Grace" are "These are the hands of fate. You're my Achilles heel. This is the gold age of something good and right and real." It's saying it's mean to be. You are my weakness. This is the time for us to be happy. These lyrics are sincere. They are powerful. And they are part of why I'm in love with this album. 

"Everything Has Changed" is her duet with Ed Sheeran. It is absolutely flawless. The acoustic guitar and light background music give it a raw sound. They sing "I just wanna know you better know you better know you better now." It's repeated many times throughout the song, and it's the part that always gets stuck in my head. 

"Red" is the song that gives the album its title. It compares loving a guy to the color red. The chorus is "Losing him was blue like I'd never known. Missing him was dark grey all alone. Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met. But loving him was red. Loving him was red." 

But my favorite song on the Red  is "22." "I don't know bout you but I'm feeling 22. Everything will be alright if you keep me next to you. You don't know about me. But I'll bet you want to. Everything will be alright if we just keep dancing like we're 22." There are the traditional ages everyone wants to be. 16, 18, 21. And Taylor Swift has brought a whole new meaning to being 22. 

I have never been such a Taylor Swift fan. If you haven't heard any of her songs go get the album! I wish I could share more. You've probably heard "We're Never Getting Back Together" if anything. "I Knew You Were Trouble" is another one of my favorites. Just go listen to the whole thing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...