Friday, October 5, 2012

Jelly Bellies, School Spirit, and Cold Weather

Today's is homecoming! There's so much to look forward to in so little time.

Our school halls will be filled with senior girls in tutus and gold leggings, boys in football jerseys, and the rest of us in mediocre school spirit attire.

My inherent lack of school spirit is not intentional. I just didn't get a football superfan shirt, and I don't feel the need to wear a tutu ever again. I wasn't crazy about them when I was five. But that doesn't mean I didn't try to have school spirit. I dressed up every other day this week. And I am even wearing a football t shirt from my school--even though it's gray.

After school I'll rush to the homecoming parade where I'll be dressed as a bag of Jelly Bellies. How does that work? I'm going to be wearing a trash bag full of balloons with a sign that says "Jelly Belly." It sounded like a better idea in theory. But the theme is candy so I had to get creative.

I'm most excited for the homecoming game tonight. Originally I wasn't going to go because I'm taking the SAT tomorrow. But in a year of lasts, how could I miss out on such an important part of high school?

I'm not going to miss out on my last year.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...