Sunday, December 25, 2016

A WHITE-ISH CHRISTMAS AND A BOWLING PARTY FOR JESUS

Since when do we have thunderstorms in Minnesota on Christmas? Last Sunday, I walked through the streets of Madison in -8 degrees (with a -21 degrees windchill). And for Christmas, we get rain? I don't understand. I blame everyone who sang Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" on repeat for weeks. 

I won't even wish for snow... 

WELL, YOU SHOULD HAVE. I'm not saying that I want it to be as cold as last weekend--that was horrible. But it is not supposed to rain on Christmas. 


As I slid through ice-coated streets of Minnie in the morning, I couldn't help but picture my car wedged in a snowbank. I could barely brake. And even though I knew it was coming, I had a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it would actually rain on Christmas. Who would have thought I should have brought my umbrella and rain boots back from school? It's December!

While we technically had a white Christmas, something about a downpour in the middle of Christmas lunch just didn't seem right. I want pretty flurries and the streets to be lightly dusted with a powdered-sugar-like coating. Is that too much to ask for?

I think the thunder and lightening later in the night is what really put me over the edge. We really had to have a thunderstorm on Christmas? I would have gladly taken a snowstorm over this.


When I was little, my grandma used to tell me that we had thunderstorms when God was bowling with the angels, so I wouldn't be scared of them. It became fun. I imagined a bowling ball going down a lane in Heaven every time it thundered. So, if it had to rain today, at least maybe we can imagine Jesus chose to go bowling for his birthday this year?

Despite the rain, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2nd day of Hanukkah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...