Wednesday, September 30, 2015

TAKE A MOMENT FOR GRATITUDE

As I reflect on the month of September, I am reminded to take a moment to slow down. It's hard to believe the month is already coming to a close. I shouldn't have exams already. It seems too soon still, because it doesn't feel like we have been in school long enough. But looking back on all that happened this month, I realize that a lot has happened.

Take a moment for gratitude

My month has been filled with football games and school work. We celebrated my close friend, Bridget's, 21st birthday! The Badgers rocked the football field. I made new friends in my classes and through other friends. My roommates and I even tried to make friends with some of our neighbors (I'm not sure how successful that was). I worked--A LOT! And I met a few of my new coworkers, even if I might have already embarrassed myself in front of them.

In the height of my stress over school, I kept looking at the pack of unopened "Thank You" cards sitting on my desk. These cards provided a reminder that even though I haven't taken a lot of time lately to realize it, I have a lot to be grateful for.

What I am thankful for this month:
  • Great friends and family
  • My health
  • The new people I have met and the bonds that have grown stronger with friends
  • My job (and my coworkers)
  • My position as a managing editor for Her Campus-Wisconsin
  • Finally having a concept for one of my major projects in my production class (shoutout to my friends who helped give me many ideas in this process)
  • Coffee
  • My roommates
  • Our awesome house
It's so easy to get caught up in everything you have going on, and forget about the little things. I will admit my thoughts have been super scattered lately with all of my tests and projects. But it is so important to slow down sometimes. It is necessary to take the time to appreciate everything and everyone in your life. Last week was the anniversary of my second-cousin's passing. It is hard to believe that four years have passed, but I am so grateful for the 17 years that I got to know her, and for all of the joy that she brought to this world while she was here. 

Take a moment today to tell someone how grateful you are that they are in your life. And maybe even make your own list of what you are grateful for this month. It can be as vague or as specific as you like, because it is just for you. 






What are you grateful for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...