Monday, September 17, 2012

If it makes you wanna sing, just sing it.


There is a song for every situation in our lives. If I had to pick any artist to describe my life story, it would be Jason Mraz. He embodies everything I believe in and want to bring to this world. From “Living in the Moment” to “The Remedy (I Won’t Worry)” I have a song that makes more sense than anything I’ve ever heard. I have similar philosophies about life, and I strive to remember that we only get every day once.

It will never be September 17, 2012 again. Of course we’re trained to look ahead and always plan for the future—and I do. All the time. But sometimes you have to say, “Ok, I won’t get this moment back. So how can I make the most of it?”




If I could, I might spend all of my tomorrows listening to Jason come up with more amazing lyrics. For anyone who isn’t a big Mraz fan, I have a present for you:

  • The Dynamo of Volition
  • Wordplay
  • Geek in the Pink
  • The Remedy (I Won’t Worry)
  • I’m Yours
  • I Won’t Give Up
  • Living in the Moment
  • Everything is Sound
  • Plane
  • 93 Million Miles
  • Lucky (feat. Colbie Caillat)
  • Shy That Way (feat. Tristan Prettyman)
  • Butterfly
  • Live High
  • I’ll Do Anything
  • The World As I See It
  • Frank D. Fixer
  • Be Honest
  • Who’s Thinking About You Now?
  • The Woman I Love
  • The Freedom Song

And so many more. You really need to get into this guy. I wish I could listen to him sing every day all day long. He was the first person that I have ever seen in concert (and I have seen a lot of concerts) that I have ever thought was even better in person than on his CD.

 Jason Mraz’s lyrics have given me so many ideas and changed the way I think about so many things. Music can inspire. Music can change. And music can speak.
His music says “I’m unique. I’m alive. And I’m excited to be me.”
This weekend my stepmom said “I love that you beat to your own drum. I wish all kids were like that.” I am just happy with who I am.

“Well you could say that I’m the one curly fry in the bag of the regular.”—Jason Mraz (Too Much Food)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...